Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Day Full of Firsts

So Monday was Faith's very first day of school. I can't believe that time has already come. She was so excited about going. She was a little upset that I wouldn't let her ride the bus her first day, but hey I was going to play my "I'm the Mommy, that's why" card as much as possible. We had Jason meet us up at the school so the whole family could walk her to class. We beat Jason there by a couple of minutes and Faith was not happy about waiting for Daddy. She couldn't wait to get to class (we'll see how much this changes over the next several years). Once Jason got there we got some pictures and were on our way to her classroom. She loved putting all of her stuff in her cubby and she found her seat with no problem. She wasn't the least bit scared. She didn't even ask me to stay with her. I must admit that her not being scared helped me hold it together, well at least till we were outside. She had a wonderful first day of school.



Daddy and his girls in front of the school.

Walking the halls.

Faith saying hi to her teacher, Ms. Gamlin

Mommy and her big girl (no body's crying)


After school we took her to her first dentist appointment. She LOVED it. She got to check out all of the tools they use to clean our teeth, she got to wear cool sunglasses so the overhead light didn't blind her and she got to watch TV. Her favorite thing was the suctions tube (called Mr. Thirsty). She loved that it almost always sucked on part of her cheek. Every time it did it she would laugh. She also got a new toothbrush (which of course she tormented her sister with later) and she got a prize from the prize closet after her check up. She also has great looking teeth they said. Next time she goes she will get her first set of x-rays done. All in all she had a very big day.



We miss having Faith at home during the day, but nap time sure is a lot nicer and longer. (Emma and Charlie actually take good naps). Emma loves helping me get Faith on the bus in the morning as well as getting her off in the afternoon. She misses her sister sooooo much. Every morning she asks if she can go with Faith. Next school year will come all too soon and she and Faith will both be in school riding the bus together. Great, here come the water works, I better go find some Kleenex.

Waiting to be cleaned.

Counting teeth (she has 20).

Making them shine.

Check out my pearly whites.

3 comments:

Bastianclan said...

I love the pictures of the first day of school. They are so cute. I love the picture you with and Faith. How special that you could all go as a family.

Sounds like the Dentist was a huge hit. Please have faith talk to miss Brooklyn She doesn't like the dentist so much. "Mr Thristy" is her least favorite. She really had a hard time.

Enjoy your down time!!
Tina

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you had Jenny as her hygenist. She's the best! I never posted Madison's first dentist appointment and pictures...maybe I'll back post for posterity! Madison was not a happy camper that she could not ride the bus home with "Faithy" yesterday. I told her that if she was really good today, earned all of her stickers, and at least pretended to be happy to be picked up by me today that I would let her start riding the bus on Thursday. :) We shall see...I'm a little annoyed that the bus driver hasn't been pulling into the cul-de-sac the way they have for the last two years....maybe I can raise some Cain? :)

Unknown said...

OH LOOK! My last comment is shaped like Georgia! :)