Tuesday, March 24, 2009

From the Motherhood

Life is always interesting when Jason is gone. I have to admit that I have not had a chance to be bored. Today was one of those days where you wish you could not me a mom for awhile. It all started yesterday when I got a phone call from Faith's school saying she had gotten sick. I couldn't believe it, of all the days and time. She had only left for school about an hour before. It would have been nice if she had told me she didn't feel well before we went through the rush of getting ready. To top it off, I have been putting off laundry for awhile and everyone was down to their last pair of clean clothes (don't judge). I was wearing my pj's because that's all I had. I obviously couldn't pick up Faith in my candy cane pj's, so I pulled my jeans out of the "to be washed" pile and loaded the kids into the car and picked her up. Fortunately she didn't get sick the rest of the day. I thought that was the end of it. I was WRONG!!!

This morning started off great, we had to get ready for a doctors appointment (for Charlie) and all of the kids were being really well behaved. We actually got out of the house 10 minutes earlier than I had planned. For those of us with children we know what a miracle that is. So we are sitting in the lobby of the doctor's office when out of nowhere Emma throws up. That's right she throws up all over the lobby, herself and my foot (that was fun). I of course didn't have a change of clothes so she had to stay in her stinky throw up clothes till we got home from the appointment. I was hoping that would be the worst of my day, but hey it was only lunch time there was plenty of time for things to go wrong.

At Charlie's appointment (for his club foot) we found out he is going to need surgery again as well as having his foot in a cast for about two to three months. His surgery is April 10. He won't be able to walk with his first few casts (we will have to go in every three weeks to have it changed). I know he will just love that. But I know in the long run this is the best thing for his foot. We want him to be able to do all the things other kids can do. I'm just hoping he'll have it off before summer is over so he can enjoy the pool.

After a nap we all got up to get ready for Enrichment (my last one as Second Counselor in the Harlem ward; we'll be in the Grovetown ward for the next one) and I gave Emma some juice (since she hadn't had anything since the incident at the doctor's). About 5 minutes after she drank it out it came. She has been getting sick since about 4 pm. Poor thing there is nothing left in her poor little tummy, but that doesn't seem to matter. She felt so awful she sent herself to bed at 6:30 tonight. I hope this ends with Emma. The boys and don't need to get it.

I feel so much better having vented all that. Thanks for listening.

4 comments:

julie said...

Kelly, you poor thing! And you were wishing you guys wouldn't get the stomach stuff. I am sorry. Please let me know what I can do. You are having an aweful time with health while Jason is gone, and you're moving soon too! Please call me. I am so willing to help.

julie said...

Wait a minute, is it Charlie's birthday today too? What a day, and poor Charlie to have sick sisters and a overwhelmed mommy on his birthday. Happy Birthday big guy! I can't believe that he is 2!

Julie said...

Not fun at all. I hope things get better for you all. Hey, my sister has a son with club foot. He is about 10 months old now. They have done all of the casts and everything. If you want to talk to her, let me know.

Anonymous said...

You are one tough cookie kelly. You are a wonderul mother and wife.

Miss all of your very much.

Love Dad(Merle)