Thursday, March 19, 2009

Two March birthdays, a cute video, a thumb sucker and the last first tooth


Happy Birthday to my March Men, Jason (Mar 15) and Charlie (Mar 21). I want to say a few things about each of them. Jason is the most wonderful man I have ever known. He is kind, loving, funny, smart, sensitive, a great father, a great husband and a great friend. I am blessed to be able to wake up next to him every morning and kiss him goodnight every night. I love you more than words could ever express. I'll love you forever with all of my heart. Happy Birthday, Sweetheart.

Charlie is my little man. He is so much like his daddy it's scary. I love the way he smiles, it just lights up his whole face. I love the way he runs after his sisters pretending he's a monster. I love the way he carries around his blanket everywhere he goes (we should have named him Linus). I love the way he sings and dances to the Backyardigans theme song and waves goodbye to them when the show is over. I love you buger. Happy Birthday.



This is a video Jason took of the kids playing on our bed one morning. They are so cute.




I have been trying to get a picture of Hyrum sucking his thumb for almost two weeks (he just started sucking his thumb one day two weeks ago, weird). Every time I would come over to him with the camera he would take his thumb out to smile at me. For those of you who are probably wondering what the big deal is about him sucking his thumb, I'll fill you in. All of our other kids suck their two middle fingers, the girls on their right hand and Charlie on his left. We don't know where they got this as Jason and I were both thumb suckers when we were little. The only thing the boys have in common is they both suck on their left. I wonder what that means? Anyway, I thought Hyrum looked really cute sucking his thumb so I thought I would take a picture of it, but I wonder how cute I will think it was when we hear he will need braces? In edition to the thumb sucking he also got his first tooth. It was both exciting and sad. I am happy he is getting teeth, but I realized this will be the last time I get to experience one of my kids first tooth's. Hyrum will be the last child I will experience firsts with. Just thinking about it has me crying. It has made me realize how much I took for granted all my other children's firsts. Time goes so quickly and before you know it there are no more firsts. I just want to tell my children how much I love them and how special they are to me. You are my everything. I love you all.

I am also posting some recent pictures. I hope you all enjoy.



The most recent family picture.



We have determined that Hyrum is part elf. Look at those ears, I just want to nibble on them.



My little boys. What kind of brothers will they be?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,You have such a beautiful family.Congrats on your new house.God Bless You and your Family..

Jessica said...

Cute pictures! Those boys will get into all kinds of trouble together, but at least they'll be together.

Happy Birthday, Jason and Charlie!

Anonymous said...

Thank you sweetheart for this wonderful blog. The pictures, words, and videos have brought me so much joy, especially when I have to be away from you guys. I love you so much. Please let the kids know how much I miss them and love them. I'll be home soon.

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of you and Jason.

Auntie Patti