Friday, September 17, 2010

To Our Dearest Payton

Who could have guessed the way you would enter this world? I never thought I would be one of those moms who gives birth at home. You obviously had other plans. You were born today at 5:11 pm at home on our living room sofa. I can't believe how fast you came. You are such a blessing. I know with all my heart and soul you were meant to be ours. To finally get to hold you and meet you just fills my heart with joy. I know that your road will be harder than most, but know that your father, myself and all your siblings are behind you all the way. We will lift you up when you have fallen and share in your joys (I know there will be many). I hope that we can be the kind of parents you deserve and I promise we will do our best. Know that you are loved, not just by us, your family but by your Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ as well. We will all be here to help you grow throughout your life. We love you sweetheart and Happy Birthday.

All Our Love,

Mommy, Daddy, Faith, Emma, Charlie and Hyrum

5 comments:

Jennifer Sharpe said...

Congrats on your sweet baby! I can't believe it either, you probably one of the only people I know who could handle a home delivery. Remember how we were joking about him being born on the couch at your shower? Ironic! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you!!

Jessica said...

That was really sweet, Kelly. Payton is so lucky to have you and Jason as his parents. And he's also lucky to be the cutest little baby in the world!

Shari Davis said...

I totally agree with Jess. Payton is very lucky to have you and Jason as parents. I can't wait to meet him. I'm sure he's just beautiful!!!

Unknown said...

Payton could not have been born to a better family and I am confident that he will find great joy and happiness being surrounded by the love that abounds in your home. You are ONE STRONG MAMA and he has one strong spirit! We love you and think of you often! Happy Birthday Payton!

Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh Kelly what a beautiful little boy. I just want to hold him and hug him!! You are right, he is a wonderful gift from God and the Good Lord chose a perfect mommy and daddy to raise him. I can't wait to see him. When are you coming home???? :-) I love you all soooooo much!!! Your friends are right. You are a stong woman. You are beautiful inside and out!!! Auntie