Saturday, November 24, 2007

Christams Spirit


It's my favorite time of year again, Christmas. I love putting all the decorations up and listening to the Christmas music. For some reason everything just seems to make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside this time of year. Tonight especially brought me great joy. This is the first year the girls were old enough to help with the tree decorating. The look of wonder and excitement on their faces as they looked at the beautifully lit tree, melted my heart. I think at times we all forget the true joy of Christmas, but those of us with small children get a chance once more to see Christmas through a child's perspective. I thought this year I would do something fun for the girls, so I bought 24 candy canes to place on the tree. Starting Dec 1 they will get to remove one candy cane every night till Christmas Eve. They are so excited. Tonight we decided to put them on the tree (which really means I got tired of them bugging me about it). I turned on the Christmas music (you gotta have a little Bing Crosby's "White Christmas" playing while you decorate) and let the girls go at it. I noticed they weren't really spreading them out, so I would move them to a better location after they put them on. They didn't like my micro-managing, so I stopped doing it. Of course I should have known that when you let a 4 year old and a two year decorate you don't necessarily share the same vision. Most of the candy canes ended up in the same area at the bottom of the tree. So tonight the "decorating fairy" might just show up to rearrange them. I look forward to the rest of the season and sharing some of my favorite things with the girls, like watching "White Christmas" & "Sound of Music", dancing to Christmas music, drinking hot coco and baking cookies. And hopefully making some new traditions as well. Next step is to get the lights up. This is of course Jason's least favorite part of Christmas (he's afraid of heights). Then our house will be perfect and we can relax till we have to take everything down. Do you think it's tacky to leave it up all year?:)


They are so beautiful. I am very blessed to have such wonderful girls.



I love this little man. Bath time is now his favorite time.



I love his new hat. I makes him even more yummy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Ferret said...

Do you speak Portuguese?

Anyway, I love the pictures! The kids are SO cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow Kelly...your kids look so much alike!! I remember Faith being that small...and looking just like Charlie! :)